CAI offers the following memberships:
How CAI Memberships are Processed
Applications Mailed to Lock Box (PO Box 34793, Alexandria, VA 22334-0793)
- Membership payments received via the lock box are deposited by the bank. Transactions with invoice numbers are processed and uploaded from the bank to us. The Accounts Receivable department retrieves the hard copy documentation from the bank daily. Both the payment and membership information are then batched for processing. Membership application is manually entered by staff.
Applications Mailed to Physical Address
(6402 Arlington Blvd., Ste. 500 Falls Church, VA 22042)
- Membership payments mailed to our physical address are received by Accounts Receivable and deposited at the local bank branch office then batched along with the accompanying application. The membership information is then entered into the database. Credit card and processed payments are processed upon receipt.
- Applications can be faxed to (240) 524-2424. This is our e]fax (email) system and is strictly for credit card payments. The system is checked daily and processed in the same manner as mailed payments.
Online membership join/renewal
- These services are available at www.caionline.org/join. The membership is immediately processed and entered into the database and does not require an internal processor to enter any information.
Membership via the Member Service Center
- Our Member Service Center at (888) 224-4321 accepts membership and payment information over the phone via credit card. We do not accept checks by phone nor do we bill for membership.
- Memberships are then forwarded to the Accounts Receivable department for processing. Member Service Center staff do not process memberships.
How long does it take for a membership to be processed and a New Member Kit mailed?
Membership applications are processed within three to five business days from receipt and a welcome kit is sent within one week. The kit includes detailed information about member benefits based on member type along with their membership card.
Do members receive an e-mail immediately upon joining?
Yes, once a membership is processed online or internally the member receives an email with their member number enabling them to log in to the Members Only section of the website.
Do the membership and chapter relations departments receive and process membership applications?
No, all application processing occurs within CAIfs Accounts Receivable department. Membership and chapter relations staff do not receive, review or process membership applications. These staff should not be sent membership applications and payments in accordance with general accounting practices.
Are partial membership payments processed and what about credits?
A membership is only processed if full payment is received and we do not offer payment plans. Partial payments are entered as a credit. Credits are monitored on a monthly basis by both membership and accounts receivable staff.
When does a member receive a membership renewal notice?
Renewal notices are sent 90, 60 and 30 days prior to membership expiration. If we have an e-mail address for the member the 90 day renewal notice is sent electronically and all subsequent invoices (if needed) are sent hard copy.
When renewing does the member receive a new membership card reflecting the new expiration date?
Yes, a new card is sent within one week of renewal.
How are members affiliated with a chapter?
Members are affiliated at the time of membership processing based on their zip code. The member does have the option to change their chapter affiliation if they wish.
Who do I contact regarding membership status or payment?
Contact our Member Service Center at (888) 224-4321 for membership status and for payment inquiries, contact our Accounts Receivable Department at (703) 797-6005.